Equality Information & Objectives
Click here to view our Equality Policy.
Equality at Merryfields
Within Merryfields, our Equality Framework is guided by 9 principles.
1) All Learners are of Equal Value
2) We Recognise and Respect Difference
3) We foster positive attitudes and relationships, and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging.
4) We observe good equalities practice in staff recruitment, retention and development
5) We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist
6) We consult and involve widely
7) Society as a whole should benefit
8) We base our practices on sound evidence
9) Each year we identify key Objectives for our School.
Equality to taught throughout our Curriculum, Assemblies and is embedded into the ethos of Merryfields school. We take part in both Anti-Bullying week and Multi-Cultural Week annually and provide various oppertunities for pupils to develop their knowledge of Equality and Diversity throughout the school calendar.
Equality Objectives 2019.20
-To promote understanding of respect for differences
- To embed British Values in the life of the school